Whether you’re looking for security, privacy or want to bypass censorship laws, a VPN can help get the job done. Using a VPN has many benefits, and here are eight reasons why you should download VPN software today.
- Privacy / Security – Internet security has become a hot-button topic over the past few years. Whether it’s identity theft, ransomware, or simply feeling safe while browsing, a VPN can help keep you and your data safe.
- Bypass Censorship – Many countries (like China) have censorship laws that prevent citizens from accessing certain websites and content. You can circumvent these restrictions with a VPN.
- Avoid ISP Throttling – ISPs can throttle your download speeds if they determine that you’re streaming or downloading too much content. A VPN will help keep your speeds consistent, no matter what you’re doing online.
- Access Region-Locked Content – Some websites (like Netflix) are only available in certain countries. You can spoof your location and access these websites from anywhere in the world.
- Save Money – While free VPNs are available, paid VPNs tend to be more reliable and offer better speeds and features. Plus, they can help you save money on flights, hotels, and other travel-related expenses.
- Improved Streaming Quality – If you’re a fan of streaming TV shows and movies, using a VPN can help improve your streaming quality. This is because VPNs help to reduce buffering and latency.
- Access Geo-Blocked Websites – Many websites are only available in certain countries. For example, you can’t watch BBC shows on the American version of Netflix. By using a VPN, you can access all these geo-restricted sites from anywhere in the world.
- Prevent Tracking by Advertisers – Advertisers track your data to create personalized advertisements that they think will be most relevant to you. However, if the advertiser doesn’t know your true location, it won’t be able to show you targeted ads. A VPN can help by masking your IP address and encrypting all of your data transfers, thus preventing advertisers from tracking you online.